4 Days Mount Meru Trekking
Mount Meru is the best for acclimatization prior to Mount Kilimanjaro climb; The Mountain is the third highest peak in Africa and is the second highest mountain in Tanzania at 4,568m.
Day 1: Arusha/Moshi to Momella Gate to Meriakamba Hut
We drive from Arusha to Momela-Gate. After a short registration at the Gate our walk will begin with full armed ranger escorting us, simply we can see along the way the wild animals including elephants, zebras, and giraffe, monkeys, antelope, and often elephants along the route. Dinner and overnight night at Miriakamba Hut.
- Elevation (m): (1,387 m to (1,500 m)
- Elevation (ft): 4,921 ft) to 3,000 ft )
- Distance: 10 km
- Hiking Time: 4-6 hours
- Habitat: Montane Forest.
Day 2: Saddle Hut
The walk from Miriakamba-Hut to the saddle below Little Meru is a short day but a steep climb. The walk will take us slowly along the ridge for a spectacular view of the Meru Crater and the impressive Ash Cone. After hot lunch at Saddle Hut we can make a short climb to the summit of Little Meru (3,820m) for superb views just before sunset.
- Dinner and overnight night at Saddle Hut
- Elevation (m): 2,514 m to 3,570 m
- Elevation (ft): 8,250 ft to 11,712 ft
- Distance: 8 km
- Hiking Time: 3-5 hours
- Habitat: Forest and Moorland.
Day 3: Summit Day
We start early at around 1:30 a.m. to climb steeply to Rhino Point (3,800 m.) and on to Cobra Point (4350m). We reach the summit (4,566 m) on time for sunrise there is a possibility to see Kilimanjaro Peak above the clouds. The final part of the climb is along a spectacular narrow ridgeline between the sheer inner cliffs and the sloping outer wall of the crater. We take a short rest and brunch at Saddle Hut before continuing the descent to the Meriakamba Hut.
- Elevation (m): 3,570 m to 4,565m to 2,514m
- Elevation (ft): 14,977ft to 11,712 ft to 8,250ft
- Distance: 5 km up 13 km down
- Hiking Time: 10 – 12 hours
- Habitat: Alpine Desert Moorland and Montane forest.
Day 4: Meriakamba Hut to Momella Gate to Arusha/Moshi
We take a short and fast descent way through open grassland and mixed forest, with a possibility of seeing wildlife before reaching Momella Gate in the late morning. The returning transfer will be waiting at Momella Gate to pick you to your hotel in Arusha/Moshi.
- Elevation (m): 2,514 m to 1,500 m to 1,387 m
- Elevation (ft): 4,921 ft to 8,250 ft to 4,921ft
- Distance: 10 km
- Hiking time: 2-4 hours
- Habitat: Montane Forest
- From US$ 580
- Extra days on the Mountain: US $ 200 per person per day
- Transport to and from mountain gates.
- All parks entry fees.
- All camping fees.
- Rescue fees.
- Guide and porters fees.
- Guide and porters salaries.
- All accommodations on the mountain based on three meals a day.
- Cook and all kitchen utensils.
- International and domestic flights (we can arrange on request)
- Accommodation on the first night upon your arrival before climb and on the last day after climb (book with us)
- Airport transfers (book with us)
- Tips, drinks and all items of personal nature
- Hard and soft drinks and tips
- Sleeping bags but we can provide for hire on request
- All Mountain Gears (we can arrange hire of this)
|1 Pax||2 Pax||3 Pax||4 Pax||5 Pax||6 Pax +|