8 Days Kilimanjaro Climbing Lemosho Route
The Kilimanjaro Lemosho Route Is An Unspoilt, Remote, Less-Used And Beautiful Way Up To The Shira Plateau. Trekkers Sometimes Use It To Ascend The Western Breach Route, Or Follow It With The Kibo South Circuit To Ascend By The Easier Barafu Route. The First Day Of The Route Is Rich In Game Animals, And Armed Rangers May Accompany A Group Temporarily.
Day 1: Londorossi Park Gate - Mti Mkubwa
Pick from your Hotel in Arusha/Moshi drive to Londorossi Park Gate then on to the Lemosho Glades (2100m, 3h.). Walk along forest trails to Mti Mkubwa (big tree) campsite, (2750m, 3h.)
Day 2: Mti Mkubwa - Shira Plateau
The trail steepens and crosses several streams in the giant heather zone. The Shira Ridge is crossed (3600m) to the Shira Plateau, camp by stream. (3500m, 5 h.).
Day 3: Shira Plateau - Shira Hut
A gentle walk across the plateau leads to Shira Hut camp on moorland meadows by a stream (3840m, 1h30min.). A variety of walks are available on the Plateau making this an excellent acclimatization day.
Day 4: Shira Hut - Barranco
A rocky path leads east up towards the Lava Tower. Shortly beyond this, you descend to Barranco campsite (3950m, 4-5h).
Day 5: Barranco - Karanga Valley
Scramble easily to the top of the Great Barranco and then a traverse over screes and ridges to the Karanga Valley campsite (3h, 4000m.), beneath the icefalls of the Southern Glaciers.
Day 6: Karanga Valley - Barafu Hut
The trail ascends a ridge to a campsite by the Barafu Hut, an airy location with little vegetation (3h, 4600m.),
Day 7: Barafu Hut - Stella Point - Uhuru Peak - Mweka Hut
Start just after midnight for the ascent of the screes leading to Stella Point (6h, 5725m.). From here a further 40mins. leads to Uhuru Peak. Descend to the Barafu Hut for a rest and brunch before continuing down to camp at Mweka Hut at 3100m, (11-14h total walking time).
Day 8: Mweka Hut - Park Gate
A 3 - 4 hour descent through beautiful forest brings you to the Park Gate and then transferred to your Hotel in Moshi / Arusha Town.
“End of service”.
Extra days on the Mountain: US $282 per person per day
- Climbing sessions
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Transfer from & to the airport
- Nights’ Huts/ Camping accommodation
- 8 Days Climbing Activities
- Transport to and from mountain gates.
- All parks entry fees.
- All camping fees.
- Rescue fees.
- Guide and porters fees.
- Guide and porters salaries.
- All accommodations on the mountain based on three meals a day.
- Cook and all kitchen utensils.
- International and domestic flights (we can arrange on request)
- Accommodation on the first night upon your arrival before climb and on the last day after climb (book with us)
- Airport transfers (book with us)
- Tips, drinks and all items of personal nature
- Hard and soft drinks and tips
- Sleeping bags but we can provide for hire on request.
- All Mountain Gears (we can arrange hire of this)
|1 Pax||2 Pax||3 Pax||4 Pax||5 Pax||6 Pax +|